What is a sideloader and what can it be used for?
A sideloader does exactly what it says. You load and unload from the side of the machine rather than forks at the front like with a counter balance.
With not much other difference from a forklift, it might be difficult then to establish what benefits it may have over a forklift where you load at the front. Well there are many differences which make them a great addition to the fleet.
Below are some of the other major positive differences:
- Sideloaders, unlike a standard forklifts, don’t need to turn and this drive up alongside the rack or truck and load easily from the side.
- Sideloaders are designed to work in narrower aisles and doorways
- Side loaders are much more practical for long loads of items like timber and steel. This is because the load follows the direction travelled which reduces the width and load.
- The ‘flatbed’ of the sideloader ensures safer movement of the load.
- They are easier to steer because the operator has clear visibility in front and behind.
Other things to bear in mind however with sideloaders is that they are a specialist machine and are great for awkward and long loads. However, they might not be the best for every need so take it carefully.
If you would like to know more about our range of sideloaders and how they can work for you and your handling needs, please do not hesitate to contact one of our team today on 01924 827400 or visit our sideloader page on the website.